University of Arkansas Board of Trustees Chair Mark Waldrip and his wife, Angela, recently visited UA Cossatot campuses in De Queen and Lockesburg. The tour offered a chance to visit with faculty and staff as well as presenting an overview of innovative student resources on the De Queen campus, including the Educational Resource Center, the Center for Student Success, the Medical Simulation Lab.
The tour continued to the Lockesburg Industrial Maintenance Institute, located in what was originally the Lockesburg High School Gymnasium. With the help of state and local grants and donations, UA Cossatot employees restored the building to its original 1952 condition and it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in May 2018. The structure is now available for both college and community events. Following the tour, the UA Cossatot Board of Visitors joined the group for a luncheon hosted in the Conference Center, located on the Lockesburg campus.