The University of Arkansas Cossatot Financial Aid Department will host FAFSA Fridays on the first two Fridays in December in order to assist current and incoming college students and their families complete the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing the FAFSA is needed for students to be eligible for the Pell Grant and all other financial assistance at UA Cossatot.
UA Cossatot Financial Aid staff is available at Ashdown, De Queen, and Nashville campuses on Dec. 7 and 14, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to help students complete the FAFSA for the 2019-2020 academic year. Students must make an appointment to attend.
When students schedule and then arrive at their appointment, they are eligible for over $100 in giveaways. To make an appointment, call: Ashdown Financial Aid Staff at 870-584-1127, De Queen Financial Aid staff at 870-584-1118, or Nashville Financial Aid staff at 870-584-1364.
Students and family members who attend a FAFSA Friday appointment must bring the following to successfully complete financial aid applications:
- Student’s Social Security Number
- Student’s Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Student’s 2017 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Student’s bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Student’s records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- Student’s FSA ID to sign electronically (can be created at appointment)
If the student is a dependent, then their parent will also need to complete a portion of the FAFSA with the above information. To make sure all applications are entirely completed, parents are encouraged to bring their documents as listed above to the FAFSA Friday appointment.
Students may also receive assistance in completing the Arkansas Department of Higher Education Universal Application for the Arkansas Challenge and other grants; the UA Cossatot 2019-2020 Scholarship Application; and, if needed, the 2018-2019 FAFSA.
More FAFSA Fridays may be scheduled in January 2019. For questions or to make an appointment, please call 870-584-1118.