The Arkansas Women’s Hall of Fame (AWHOF) is seeking nominations for the 2019 Induction Class.
The AWHOF was created to honor, in perpetuity, women whose contributions have influenced the direction of Arkansas in their community or the state. Each year, the AWHOF inducts contemporary (living) or historical (deceased) women who have been born in and achieved prominence within the state, or been a resident of Arkansas for an extended period after achieving prominence here or elsewhere and have:
- made significant and enduring contributions to their field of endeavor, professional or otherwise.
- affected the social, cultural, economic or political well being of the community, state or nation.
- elevated the status of women and positively impacted women and girls.
- helped open new frontiers for women and for society in general.
- inspired others by their example.
Nominees are not limited to a certain field or accomplishment and can include pioneers, philanthropists, educators, entrepreneurs, athletes, artists, business leaders and political figures.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, March 8, 2019. Criteria and nomination forms can be found on the website at www.ARWomensHallofFame.com. The 2019 Induction Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, August 29th at the Statehouse Convention Center. Visitors to the site will find more information about the event and the hall’s past inductees.