Consent to Terms
The contents of The De Queen Bee website are protected by U.S. and International copyright laws. The De Queen Bee website contains material and content derived in whole or in part from the newspaper and various other sources. The Service and its contents and technology are protected under intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trademark. You may not modify, copy, sell, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, broadcast, distribute or otherwise use in any way any content, material, information, services, software or code displayed on, transmitted through or used in connection with the Service, without the prior written consent of the De Queen Bee. You may download material from the Service for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact call copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices.
The De Queen Bee is a service mark of Lancaster Management, Inc. All rights reserved. You may not use any LMI service marks, logos or graphics without our prior written consent.
The De Queen Bee does not allow framing of its websites.
Links to our websites
The De Queen Bee is an organization committed to the highest journalistic ethics and standards and to independent journalism. Therefore, linking should not (a) suggest that the De Queen Bee promotes or endorses any person’s or entity’s causes, ideas, websites, political campaign, products or services, or (b) use our content for any commercial purpose. The De Queen Bee requires prior written approval for linking to its site(s). We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites
The De Queen Bee has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which the Bee has no control. We do not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and the Bee is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. The De Queen Bee shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
Fees and Payments
The De Queen Bee reserves the right at any time to charge fees for access to portions of the Service or the Service as a whole. However, in no event will you be charged for access to the Service unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such charges. Thus, if at any time the De Queen Bee requires a fees for portions of the Service that are now free, the De Queen Bee will give you advance notice of such fees and the opportunity to cancel the account before such charges are imposed. All fees and charges shall be billed to and paid by you. You shall pay all applicable taxes relating to use of the Service through your account. Refunds are available on a case by case basis upon request.
Use of the Service
If you use the Service, including the messages boards or blogs, or submit essays or letters, e-mail messages or other information via www.dequeenbee.com or other submission points, you agree to abide by and be bound by the following:
2. You agree not to impersonate (for example, by using another person’s name or email address on the De Queen Bee site) any other person or entity including but not limited to any De Queen Bee official or employee.
3. You may only post, upload, or transmit materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral, or proprietary rights, or fiduciary rights, e.g. confidential information or trade secrets. You promise and represent that any posted, uploaded, or transmitted materials will be owned by you or in the public domain. No music and graphics shall be uploaded to message boards and blogs or other parts of the Service.
4. The Service can be used only for non-commercial purposes. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for, or endorsement of, goods and services.
5. You may not post, upload or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use the Service to distribute chain letters, impersonate others, solicit for criminal activities, distribute mass mailings or “spam” or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending “spam” to other users of the Service.
6. You hereby grant De Queen Bee a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform or display in all media, whether or not now known, any material posted, uploaded, or transmitted by you on the Service.
7. Persons younger than eighteen (18) MUST obtain parental permission before registering to use the message boards and blogs. Children under the age of thirteen (13) are not eligible to participate in the discussions or provide any information to the message boards and blogs or otherwise to the De Queen Bee.
8. You are solely responsible for any and all content posted, uploaded, or transmitted using your account. Generally, De Queen Bee does not review all content on the message boards and blogs. You agree that De Queen Bee is not responsible or liable for any materials posted, uploaded, or transmitted on the message boards and blogs or through the Service. However, you agree that the newspaper has the right (but not the obligation) to delete, edit or move any material that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Rules of the message boards and blogs or which it otherwise, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable or contrary to company policy.
9. You understand and agree that the De Queen Bee or its parent company, Lancaster Management, Inc., is not responsible for any content posted on the website by third parties.
THE DE QUEEN BEE AND LANCASTER MANAGEMENT, INC. DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, LIMITED, GENERAL, OR OTHER. WNI’S SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS.
LANCASTER MANAGEMENT, INC. DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DOES LANCASTER MANAGEMENT, INC. MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT WILL LANCASTER MANAGEMENT, INC., ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE.
De Queen Bee respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, provide the following information in writing to De Queen Bee's Copyright Agent: 1. a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright. 2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. 3. a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material. 4. your contact information such as address, telephone number and e-mail address. 5. a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. 6. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
The Service is controlled and operated within the United States. If you access the Service from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including U.S. export laws and regulations.
De Queen Bee provides headline feeds free of charge for personal, non-commercial use. If a feed is posted on a personal website, please provide attribution to dequeenbee.com. dequeenbee.com reserves the right to require that you cease distributing these feeds at any time for any reason.
To access certain features of the site a username and password may be required through the sites registration process. Lancaster Management, Inc. will not be responsible or held liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect the confidentiality of your username and password. If any unauthorized activity occurs under your username and password you agree to contact De Queen Bee immediately.
Please check your ad the first day. Report any errors immediately. Credit can/may be given for only one incorrect insertion. When you submit a classified advertisement you agree as it appears on the Site and becomes property of De Queen Bee and does not commit the Bee to publish the advertisement. De Queen Bee reserves the right to edit, reclassify, revise, reject or cancel any advertisement any time, in our sole discretion, Rates are subject to change.
De Queen Bee does not, and will not knowingly accept any advertisement that may be misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, unlawful, is immorally suggestive or in bad taste. Any advertising, which tends to destroy the confidence of our readers, is unacceptable.
Real Estate Advertisements; Equal Housing Opportunity De Queen Bee will not accept any advertisement which, will irritate the sensibilities of, or will result in harm or insult to, any segment of our readers. Any advertising that casts unfavorable reflection, directly or indirectly upon any individual, group, race, creed, religion, sex, color, handicap, familial status, or national origin